Do you have an interest in helping young people?
Would you like to help them to do something constructive with their time?
Pucklechurch Scout Group would like to set up a support group of volunteers who would be willing to help keep the Group running.
We're looking for people to help us:
- maintain the scout hut and the Group's equipment;
- provide a 'service crew' at camps: transporting equipment, setting up the campsite, cooking meals, then taking it all back again;
- help the leaders at the regular troop, pack or colony meetings;
- teach or assess the young people for their challenge badges;
- arrange or help at fund raising events.
In addition, our beaver colony, currently with twelve youngsters aged between six and eight, will have to close at Easter unless we can find one or two adult volunteers to run the colony.
Your age doesn't matter - we're looking for young and old - and the in-betweens: nor do you have to have children or indeed any other connection with the Group.
Even if you can only spare an hour or so each month, it could make a lot of difference to what we can provide the youngsters in Pucklechurch. The young people, and the leaders, will be really grateful for your help, whatever you can give.
If you would like to help us to help the young people in Pucklechurch, please contactthe Group Scout Leader: Tony Wallis, on 957 4119. Go on, we know you'll enjoy it too!